These pretty colored latkes are pretty healthy, too.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- Ready Time : 45 min
- 200 grams sweet potato shredded
- 200 grams turnip shredded
- 200 grams beets shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 4 grams potato starch
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- In the first bowl, combine sweet potato, turnip and eggs.
- In the second bowl, add beets, sprinkle potato starch and mix to coat the beets. Season to taste.
- For each latke, take one tablespoon from each bowl and mix gently by hand to form a single latke.
- Fry in vegetable oil on medium high heat until both sides are evenly browned, about six minutes per side.
You can mix everything together to save time, but the beets will bleed turning your latkes pink.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17.6g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Total Carbs: 23.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 7.0g