Crisp, moist, flavorful. The way chicken should be.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 45 min
- Ready Time : 55 min
- 2 whole chicken cut into 1/8th
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 liter oil
- Heat oil in a large deep pan over medium high heat.
- In a large container, mix flour, cornstarch and spices together.
- In a deep bowl, crack four eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Dredge in flour, then in the egg, then again in flour.
- Fry five minutes per side, flipping three times.
- Set fried chicken on a paper towel covered tray.
The first five minutes is because when you put the chicken in, you lower the temperature of the oil. So in five minutes it cooks partway.
The second five minutes is to cook half of the chicken thoroughly and get it crispy.
The last five minutes is to finish cooking the first side of the chicken and get it crispy.
The times are approximate based on stovetop heat, pan bottom thickness, chicken thickness, uses/batches of oil. But fifteen minutes should really get it cooked thoroughly.