- Prep Time : 120 min
- Cook Time : 18 min
- Ready Time : 2 hour, 18 min
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- ½ cup water
- 2⁄3 cups almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 50 grams margarine
- 2½ tablespoons sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 384 grams all purpose flour
- 1 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- sesame seeds
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine almond milk, egg, and melted margarine together. Mix with yeast and water.
- In a mixer bowl, add sugar, salt, and flour.
- Fit dough hook on mixer and set to slow. Add milk and yeast mixture slowly to the flour. Knead for 10 minutes, until dough is satiny.
- Grease a bowl. Turn the dough out on a floured surface, and knead into a smooth ball. Take a portion of challah. Place dough in bowl. Cover with a greased piece of plastic wrap.
- Allow dough to sit for 1- 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Turn and press the dough from the outside to the center to press out the air.
- Use a kitchen scale to divide the dough into 12-18 small balls. Place each formed bun onto a greased parchment paper.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Brush mixture of egg white and water onto each bun. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until browned.