- Ready Time : 0 min
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 75 grams mushrooms sliced
- 10 grams shallots minced
- 225 mililiters red wine
- 150 mililiters water or stock
- 100 grams tomatoes cubed
- 5 grams tarragon fresh
If you’ve just pan-seared a steak, use that pan instead of a saucepan. The fond stuck to the bottom of the pan will enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- In a pan, heat the margarine over medium heat until slightly bubbling. Add the mushrooms and shallots and sauté until the mushrooms are soft and the shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, continue cooking until the liquid boils, then lower the heat and simmer until the 3/4 of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the water or stock and the diced tomato, then lower heat to a simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tarragon and serve right away.