- Ready Time : 0 min
- 350 grams onions wedges
- 1 whole garlic
- 300 grams yellow pepper sliced
- 1 head cauliflower large florets
- 3 tablespoons oil plus more for roasting
- 100 grams celery
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt plus more for roasting
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 fresh sprig
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 liters light vegetable stock or water
- Preheat oven to 200°C (375°F).
- Cut cauliflower into large florets. Soak for bugs.
- Lay out cauliflower, onions and whole garlic on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 45 minutes until vegetables start to brown.
- Heat oil in soup pot with 1 clove of garlic and chopped celery.
- Add spices. Mix to distribute.
- Add roasted vegetables to pot. Stir.
- Add 4 liters of stock or water to the pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer one hour until vegetables are soft.
- Blend with immersion blender to smooth consistency. For an even smoother textured soup, strain soup through a sieve, forcing the vegetables through.
- Raise temperature and reduce to desired thickness.
Soup should be creamy and pale yellow. Garnish with Parsley and Roasted Garlic Oil