The best meringue base for delicious cake frosting.
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 100 grams sugar
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon citric acid
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heatproof bowl, begin whisking the egg whites and citric acid.
- Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add sugar. Continue to beat the eggs using a lifting motion.
- When the foam is lightweight, just before it begins to form peaks, remove from heat.
- Pour egg mixture into a mixer bowl and whip on high until desired consistency.