The bright flavor of the lime highlights the flavor of the meat and vegetables.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
- Ready Time : 35 min
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging
- 2 whole limes
- 6 whole cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams red onion julienne
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 200 grams #6 beef fillet
- Slice the beef into steaks 2cm thick.
- Pound the steaks with the toothed side of a meat mallet, alternating sides, until 1cm thick.
- Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, add onions and tomatoes. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil and saute the vegetables until the edges begin to brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Slice one lime in half and squeeze over vegetables. Remove vegetables from the pan and hold warm.
- Dredge the steaks lightly in flour. Shake off the excess.
- Add a small amount of oil to the pan.
- Cook the steaks over high heat, flipping every 30-45 seconds, for four minutes.
- Remove steaks from pan.
- Slice the other lime in half and squeeze into the pan. Deglaze with red wine and reduce until thick.
- Arrange the vegetables on the plate.
- Dip the steaks briefly into the reduction on both sides.
- Arrange steaks with vegetables.
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 42.3g
- Cholesterol: 179mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Total Carbs: 91.9g
- Dietary Fiber: 18.6g
- Protein: 74g