- Ready Time : 0 min PT0H0M
- 2800 grams 4.5% soft white cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 300 grams sugar
- 30 grams corn starch (1/4 cup)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 250 grams butter cookies (
- 1/4 cup silan (date honey)
For the Filling
- In an ultrafine mesh strainer, clean white pillowcase, soup bag or cheesecloth bag, drain the whey out of the white cheese until the net weight of the cheese is 900 grams.
- Mix the eggs and sugar until pale and double in volume.
- Add corn starch to egg and mix slowly until combined.
- Mix cheese, eggs, salt and vanilla by hand in a large bowl until smooth.
For the Crust
- Combine whole crackers and silan in a food processor.
- Pulse on medium until finely ground.
- Cut out a paper liner for the pan and place in the bottom.
- Press the cracker crumb into the bottom of the pie pan.
Preparing the Cake
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Smooth the top of the cake.
- Bake at 160ºC (325ºF) for 50 minutes. Turn cake every 20 minutes to prevent browning.
- Let the cake cool completely.