Macaroni and cheese has two main ingredients: macaroni, and cheese. By making sure you're using the best pasta and cheese you can, you're ensuring that your mac 'n cheese will be the best.
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1 package pasta
- 70 grams butter
- 50 grams whole wheat flour
- 700 mililiters milk
- 200 grams cheddar or gouda cheese
- 200 grams Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the macaroni in salted boiling water for eight minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven broiler. Set rack two slots from top.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add flour and 1/3 of milk and stir until smooth.
- Add 1/3 milk, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add remaining milk and cheddar or Gouda cheese. Stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Pour macaroni into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place uncovered under the broiler for five minutes.