A tart and creamy Italian dessert.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 120 min
- Ready Time : 2 hour, 15 min
- 250 mililiters lime juice freshly squeezed
- 250 grams sugar
- 250 mililiters whipping cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- Dissolve sugar in lime juice over medium heat. Do not allow to boil.
- Cool sugar syrup in refrigerator until cold, 3-5 hours.
- Partially whip the cream until volume increases slightly.
- Drizzle sugar syrup into cream until completely incorporated.
- Freezer method: Place in airtight container in the freezer. Shake or stir every fifteen minutes for the first hour. Freeze until thickened.
- Ice Cream Maker Method: Pour into ice cream maker. Follow directions for gelato, or stir until soft-serve consistency, then chill one hour.
Note: Since Israeli non-dairy whipped toppings come in 212ml packages, you can use 38ml of water or soy milk to make up the difference.
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Total Carbs: 163.5g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- Protein: .5g