Thick, rich, sweet tart lemon curd goes on and in a wide variety of desserts. Always make extra because you won't resist the urge to take "another" taste.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 15 min
- Ready Time : 25 min
- 100 mililiters fresh lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 50 grams margarine
- Whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar and salt in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Lower the heat or temper the eggs and whisk the eggs in.
- Continue whisking until the curd thickens and just begins to bubble.
- Remove from heat, cut in and whisk the butter or margarine until incorporated.
- Chill one hour or overnight, or use immediately in recipes that call for lemon curd filling.
Servings Per Recipe: 2 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 25.1g
- Cholesterol: 240mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Total Carbs: 55.2g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- Protein: 4.8g