- Prep Time : 25 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- Ready Time : 55 min
- 1 whole lemon, zest and juice
- 5 clove garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 40 grams finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 250 grams lamb fat
- 1 kilogram ground lamb
- 150 mililiters extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a clean, cold bowl, combine lamb meat, fat, salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
- Form into 4cm round balls and place on a tray.
- Roast meatballs in oven for 25-30 minutes, until done.
- In a food processor, combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, a little bit of the juice. Pulse until finely minced. Add juice a little at a time if the mixture is too dry to process.
- Empty food processor into a bowl. Mix olive oil in by hand. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.