- Prep Time : 30 min
- Ready Time : 30 min
- 500 grams cabbage Napa or white
- 6 small radish sliced
- 1 bunch scallions
- kosher salt
- 8 clove garlic
- 10 grams ginger peeled
- 65 grams hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- Chop the cabbage up into 3-4cm squares.
- Slice the radishes and scallions and add to cabbage
- Liberally salt the vegetables and let stand three hours until cabbage is wilted.
- In a separate container, blend the remaining ingredients until it forms a thick paste.
- Rinse off the vegetables and coat with spice paste.
- Stuff kimchi into clean jars. Pack in densely. Press out any air bubbles that are trapped in the jar.
- Set jars in a bowl or other container to catch spillover and let sit on the counter.
- Kimchi will be ready to eat after ten days. Refrigerate remainder.
Note: I have found that 1/2 of the paste is sufficient for the amount of cabbage in the recipe, leaving me the other half to use for other recipes. I like making
Also, you can find kosher gochugaru online for a more ‘authentic’ taste, but I opted for hot paprika, which is more easily accessible.
Servings Per Recipe: 10 portions
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Total Carbs: 8.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2.2g