- Prep Time : 15 min PT0H15M
- Cook Time : 30 min PT0H30M
- Ready Time : 45 min PT0H45M
- 50 grams butter
- 25 grams flour
- 200 mililiters milk
- 100 grams cheddar or gouda cheese
- 20 grams bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 25 whole jalapeño peppers
- 150 grams flour
- 2 whole egg
- 250 grams bread crumbs seasoned
- oil for frying
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- When butter begins to foam, add flour and stir.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Add breadcrumbs to mix to create a thick paste. Cool slightly.
- Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Remove the ribs to reduce the heat of the peppers.
- Fill the pepper cavity with the cheese mixture until it is rounded above the top of the pepper.
- Roll pepper in flour, dip in beaten eggs, and roll in breadcrumbs until coated.
- Fry in hot oil until brown on all sides.
Servings Per Recipe: 50
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbs: 4.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.8g