A delicious frozen Italian dessert with the classic flavors of apple and honey.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 180 min
- Ready Time : 3 hour, 20 min
- 3 whole granny smith apples diced
- 100 mililiters apple liquor
- 100 mililiters white wine
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large egg yolks
- 250 mililiters whipping cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 500 grams honey
- 150 mililiters whipping cream or non-dairy whipped topping
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, cook apples, apple liquor and wine until liquid evaporates.
- In a mixer, beat egg whites until stiff. Remove to bowl.
- Beat whipped cream until stiff. Add vanilla. Add egg yolks.
- Fold whipped cream into egg white mixture. Fold apples into mixture.
- Press mixture into a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. Cover and freeze.
- To serve, unmold and slice. Serve with a generous drizzle of warm honey caramel.
The Honey Caramel
- Cook honey and cream in a saucepan until it reaches a temperature of 114ºC (238ºF).
- Remove from fire and add margarine and vanilla. Stir until incorporated.
Servings Per Recipe: 8 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24.2g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Sodium: 111mg
- Total Carbs: 64.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 4.4g