This is an easy and delicious introduction to preparing cured meats.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Ready Time : 10 min
- 1 whole goose breast
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander seed ground
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- Thoroughly dry the goose breast.
- Dust the breast with spices.
- Fill the bottom of a plastic container with salt.
- Place the breast on the salt.
- Cover the entire breast with salt. Cover and refrigerate for two days.
- Remove the breast from the salt. Wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- Wrap the breast in cheesecloth and hang for a minimum of seven days in a cool room.
- Unwrap the breast. Store in the refrigerator.
To serve, slice thinly across the grain.
The meat will become denser and have a more intense flavor the longer you hang the breast.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 25.2g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Total Carbs: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- Protein: 11.9g