A truly flourless thick, rich mind-blowingly decadent chocolate torte that will stop the show.
- Prep Time : 25 min
- Cook Time : 45 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 10 min
- 250 grams margarine or shortening
- 500 grams bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 8 large eggs
- 65 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 165°C (325°F).
- Grease 22cm springform pan. Cover bottom with parchment circle. Wrap outside with aluminum foil. Set round pan in large roasting pan.
- Melt chocolate and margarine. Add amaretto.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until volume doubles.
- Mix in two eggs at a time. Add next pair of eggs after the previous eggs are completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into springform pan.
- Pour hot water around the springform pan into the roasting pan until the water level is half the height of the springform pan.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes.
- Cool the torte overnight.
- Remove the torte from the pan. Remove parchment circle from the bottom of the torte.
Garnish with confectioner’s sugar, crushed nuts, or melted chocolate and white chocolate streams.
For amaretto: orange liqueur, brandy, bourbon, or coffee liqueur.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24.3g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 573mg
- Total Carbs: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 5.7g