No more wishing for canned cherry pie filling. This recipe will put those shortcut-abusers to shame.
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1 kilogram cherries stemmed and pitted
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 mililiters water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place the cherries, water, salt and sugar into a pot. Heat on medium until simmering.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in lemon juice. Raise temperature to high. Add slurry in a thin stream to the pot, stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
Cool and use as a cherry pie filling or cheesecake topping.