I took a quick trip to Machane Yehuda this afternoon, and some of the things I spotted were:
- Saturn peaches – peaches that look like they’ve been squashed.
- Okra – A popular Indian and Southern American vegetable.
- Mangoes – they’re scrawny, but the season is finally upon us.
- Litchi Nuts – people have a love/hate relationship with these fruits. I happen to think they’re amazing.
- Plum Tomatoes – as far as I’m concerned, the only tomato worth eating raw.
- Lemongrass – the guy swears he’s always had it. I’ve looked every time with no success. Now I have it.
- Cantaloupes – sure the orange melons are delicious, but sometimes you want the real thing.
There are still plenty of apricots and peaches, and grapes have been around for a while now. There are cherries, too.
What interesting things have you seen lately?