Orange Cardamom Granita
Yields 2 quarts
8 c. water
6 oranges, peels removed and reserved
juice from one lemon
1 c. sweet white wine
1 tsp. ground cardamom, divided
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. bulk sucralose (not packets)
1/4 t. salt
1) Remove any white pith from the orange peel. Finely chop orange peel.
2) Bring water, orange peel, half the cardamom, sugar, sucralose and salt to a boil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
3) Juice oranges. Yields 2 cups.
4) In a freezer-safe container, pour orange juice and wine.
5) Pour water mixture into juice. Sprinkle with remaining cardamom. Mix well.
6) Place container in freezer.
7) Stir liquid every 30-45 minutes for 2-3 hours. Allow to reach the consistency of shaved ice.
8) Serve balled in cups. Garnish with mint.