Roasted Garlic Soup with Poached Egg
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- Ready Time : 45 min
- 4 1468s
- 4 large
- 6 1380s minced
- 2 1455s
- 4 1468s garlic shoots
- Roast one head of garlic per person by placing it in a square of foil, drizzling it with olive oil, sprinkling it with kosher salt, wrapping it up and cooking it in a 375 oven until soft, 30-40 minutes.
- When cool, slice the head in half. Squeeze the softened cloves into a bowl. Season lightly with salt, to taste.
- Poach one egg per person.
- Saute minced garlic in a pot with olive oil. Add chicken soup. Cook until simmering.
- Place a large dollop of roasted garlic in the center of each soup bowl. Set the egg on top of the garlic. Slowly add soup into the bowl until the egg is submerged partway. Garnish with three thin slices of fresh garlic shoots, fresh garlic, fresh chives, or scallions.