- Prep Time : 5 min PT0H5M
- Cook Time : 25 min PT0H25M
- Ready Time : 30 min PT0H30M
- 450 grams yellow cornmeal
- 700 mililiters milk
- 80 grams butter
- oil for frying
- butter, to flavor the frying oil
- In a small sauce pot over medium high heat, pour in milk and add butter.
- When the milk begins to simmer, add cornmeal and reduce fire to low.
- Cook polenta on low, stirring more or less constantly, until the mixture is very thick and pulls away from the sides of the pot while stirring.
- Pour thickened polenta onto a greased baking sheet and spread until 1cm high.
- Chill until firm, about forty minutes.
- Heat oil and butter in a small frying pan on medium.
- Remove polenta from refrigerator and cut into small squares.
- Fry until golden, about six minutes per side.
- Serve with grated Parmesean, sauteed onions and mushrooms, or any creative savory topping.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 112mg
- Total Carbs: 47.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 7.5g