This sweet-tart dessert is perfect for the High Holidays. You can use it as a palate cleanser.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 60 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 10 min
- 212 mililiters non-dairy whipped cream
- 125 mililiters pomegranate syrup sweetened
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Beat whipped topping on low until it begins to thichen.
- Add pomegranate syrup in a thin stream until incorporated.
- Add food coloring and mix until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into an airtight container.
- Put container in freezer. Shake every 15 minutes for the first hour.
Notes: Pomegranate syrup can be found in the Middle East or Persian section.
The use of food coloring isn’t strictly necessary, but pomegranate syrup is more brown than red, and people visually associate their food with flavors. The light pink makes the gelato look more appealing and more believable that it’s pomegranate.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 25mg
- Total Carbs: 22.5g
- Dietary Fiber: g
- Protein: .5g