- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- Ready Time : 40 min
- 200 grams onions
- 3 whole green pepper
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 slice salami
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Saute onions in oil until golden.
- Add green peppers and saute until soft.
- Stew crushed tomatoes with the onions and peppers for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Make depressions in the sauce with a large spoon or ladle. Space the depressions 2cm (1 in) apart.
- Crack an egg into a glass and check for blood spots. Pour the egg into the depression. Repeat until all the depressions are full.
- Turn fire to low and cover. Cook for 8 minutes until top of eggs are set.
- In a separate pan, saute chopped salami until crisp.
- Serve in the pan or carefully spoon a little sauce into a bowl and set an egg on top of it. Garnish with salami.