This spicy appetizer is terrific for parties or watching the game. The peppers can be prepared ahead, frozen, and cooked before serving.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- Ready Time : 45 min
- 50 1451s
- 25 1451s
- 200 mililiters
- 100 1451s cheddar or gouda cheese
- 20 1451s
- 25 178s jalapeño peppers
- 150 1451s
- 2 1468s
- 250 1451s seasoned
- oil for frying
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- When butter begins to foam, add flour and stir.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Add breadcrumbs to mix to create a thick paste. Cool slightly.
- Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Remove the ribs to reduce the heat of the peppers.
- Fill the pepper cavity with the cheese mixture until it is rounded above the top of the pepper.
- Roll pepper in flour, dip in beaten eggs, and roll in breadcrumbs until coated.
- Fry in hot oil until brown on all sides.
Servings Per Recipe: 50 1459s
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Total Carbs: 4.8g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.8g