Sauteing the basil multiplies its fragrance, while the eggplant gives it a subtle earthy flavor.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 25 min
- Ready Time : 35 min
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 175 grams eggplant diced
- 25 grams basil roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 200 grams israeli couscous
- 500 mililiters chicken stock
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the diced eggplant and cook until browned, six to eight minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of oil. Add basil and stir.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add Israeli couscous and stir until it begins to toast.
- Add chicken stock and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook until all the stock is absorbed, stirring frequently, especially towards the end when there is less liquid in the pan.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 servings
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Total Carbs: 41.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 7.4g