Always popular side dish with its own edible shell.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 80 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 35 min
- 6 large potatoes
- 150 grams butter or margarine
- 75 mililiters milk, cream or soy milk
- salt and pepper
- Wrap the potatoes in foil and bake until soft, 175ºC (350ºF) for one hour.
- Unwrap potatoes and allow to cool 20 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes in half the long way.
- Using a spoon, scrape out the potato into a bowl until you have a shell with a 1cm edge. Reserve.
- Add butter or margarine to the bowl and mash. Add milk gradually until potatoes are creamy.
- Spoon potatoes back into potato shells.
- Bake at 175ºC (350ºF) until a light crust forms, 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20.9g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Total Carbs: 58.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 6.8g