This classic cake is worth every bit of effort for hardcore chocolate lovers.
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 100 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 grams instant coffee powder (optional)
- 175 mililiters boiling water
- 100 grams margarine or shortening
- 500 grams sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 package baking powder
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped cream
- 200 grams all purpose flour sifted
- Heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Grease 2- 20cm (8 in.) or 1- 22cm x 30cm (9 in. x12 in.) cake pan. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Stir cocoa and coffee powder into boiling water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Cream margarine and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, into the sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Add 1/4 of the flour into the bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Add 1/3 of the cream into the bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Repeat 7 & 8 until all of the flour and cream are in the bowl.
- Add cocoa mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan(s). Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.