- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1 kilogram beef #2 or #8
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/2 head garlic
- 2 small onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- In a dry, hot pan, sear the beef on all sides.
- Peel and slice the onions in half, cut a slit in two onion halves and place the bay leaves in the slits.
- Slice the head of garlic in half.
- Add enough water so the meat is sitting in 1-2cm of water. Add seasonings and aromatics to the pan
- Cook over low heat for four hours, until the meat is tender. Add additional water as needed.
- Remove meat from pan. Bring the heat up to high.
- Knead the margarine and flour together. Add the beurre manié to the pan and whisk until incorporated
- Return meat to pan and baste.
- Serve hot.