You can substitute ground turkey or beef stew for the ground beef. You can substitute canned tomatoes for fresh. Peel and seed the tomatoes. you can substitute any flavorful liquid for the stock, beef stock or tomato juice work well. Use canned beans if you like beans soft, or soak dried beans for eight hours for a firmer textured bean.
- Prep Time : 20 min
- Cook Time : 90 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 50 min
- 1/2 cup oil divided
- 500 1451s onions diced
- 500 1451s
- 800 1451s tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups
- 300 1451s canned
- 500 1451s green pepper diced
- 100 1451s hot pepper minced
- 2 1468s
- 2 743s chili powder
1) In a 4-quart pot, heat 1/4 cup oil. Add minced garlic and cook until garlic lightly browns.
2) Add onions and sweat for 10 minutes until golden.
3) Add meat, 1/4 cup oil and stir. Saute on low for 20 minutes.
4) Add tomatoes to pot. Stir to combine.
5) Add stock, beans, chopped green pepper and hot pepper.
6) Add chili powder. Stir to combine thoroughly.
7) Lower heat and simmer for one hour.