This is a classic French dessert. You aren't even supposed to pit the cherries, that's how lazy easy this recipe is.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 35 min
- Ready Time : 50 min
- 1 whole vanilla bean split and scraped
- 120 mililiters non-dairy whipped cream
- 120 mililiters soy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 100 grams sugar
- 350 grams cherries pitted and stemmed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the tip of your knife.
- In a sauce pan, heat non-dairy cream, soy milk, eggs, yolks, sugar, and vanilla seeds. Stir vigirously until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the cherries in a deep ceramic baking dish or aluminum pan lined with baking paper.
- Ladle the custard over and around the cherries.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes at 200°C (400°F).
- Reduce heat to 160°C (325°F) and bake for an additional 25 minutes, until custard is completely set. Serve warm.