- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 10 min
- Ready Time : 20 min
- 1-2 large onions
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 330 mililiters beer
1) Preheat oil to 175°C (350°F)
2) Slice onion into 1/2″ rounds
3) Separate larger outer rings
4) Combine flour, cornstarch, seasonings and beer and mix well.
5) Dip onion ring into batter. Drop onion ring into oil. The onion ring should float to the surface of the oil in 5 seconds.
6) Fry until golden and bubbles surrounding onion ring slow.
7) Remove from oil. Drain. Serve immediately.