Grilled Trout with Fennel
1 whole trout, gills and innards removed
1 small onion, sliced into strips
1 small fennel bulb, sliced into strips
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/3 bunch fresh coriander
1) Wash the trout carefully. Sprinkle cavity with salt and pepper. Rub the cavity with garlic and leave the garlic inside.
2) Stuff fish cavity with coriander and as much onion and fennel as space allows.
3) Season outside of fish with salt and pepper.
4) Lay down a sheet of aluminum foil longer than the length of the fish.
5) Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on top of the tin foil.
6) Spray paper with non-stick spray.
7) Lay fish on the parchment paper.
8) Slice half of the lemon into rounds, reserving other half for a plate garnish. Place lemon rounds on top of fish.
9) Put remaining onion and fennel on top of the fish.
10) Tightly wrap the parchment paper.
11) Tightly wrap the aluminum foil.
12) Grill 20-25 minutes, turning every five minutes.
13) Unwrap and transfer carefully to a plate. Serve on a bed of baby greens, shaved fresh fennel and onions with a savory vinaigrette.